Anna Grahn-Nilsson and Phoebe Landre are Truckee REALTORS® who use their exceptional real estate industry experience and expertise to their clients’ benefit. With past and present leadership experience for local nonprofit organizations, these two professionals know what it takes to serve their clients and community.
Since 1998, Anna has lived and worked in the Truckee-Tahoe area and is well-versed in the Sierra Nevada lifestyle. She knows five languages (Swedish, Spanish, Italian, English, and some French) and believes that hospitality is the key to success.
Phoebe has also lived in the region for more than 20 years and thinks outside the box when it comes to problem-solving. She’s committed to helping clients achieve their dreams, no matter how big or small.
That’s why they received the Industry Excellence Award this year. At Dickson Realty, we’re proud to attract the best REALTORS® in the region and want to celebrate their success. So, we’re sharing some of their experiences and insights, thoughts on the future, and tips for helping us grow stronger together.
Truckee REALTORS® Grahn-Nilsson And Landre Share Leadership Insight For Industry Success
What does industry excellence mean to you, and how do you practice it each day as Truckee REALTORS®?
- Anna says: I’ve never considered myself a salesperson. Real estate is not about the numbers for me. It’s about the people and not the transaction at the end of the day. I also educate myself and follow the rules because I always want to provide excellent service to people.
- Phoebe says: I believe industry excellence is about doing the best and most thorough job for my clients on a daily basis. It’s important to always present myself as a knowledgeable professional.
As Truckee REALTORS® Why is it important to you to be part of the industry organizations you’re part of?
- Anna says: I’m proud to be involved with caring and educational organizations such as the California Association of REALTORS and the National Association of REALTORS. I have also served as Treasurer and President for Tahoe Sierra MLS and will be serving the Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS as President-Elect this fall. Collectively, these organizations provide broader perspectives on real estate standards and act as an excellent forum for exchanging ideas and information.
- Phoebe says: I am a member of the California Association of REALTORS, the National Association of REALTORS, the Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS, and the Plumas Association of REALTORS® and Multiple Listing Service. These four organizations promote and encourage real estate agents and provide invaluable resources to our industry. In 2020, I witnessed tremendous support while serving as President for the Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS. They quickly responded to the rapidly-changing pandemic, promoted our safety, and kept the real estate profession alive.
What do you love about working with Dickson Realty?
- Anna says: After 10 years with Dickson Realty, I can honestly say that I look forward to “coming to work” each day. It’s nice to work with like-minded people. Dickson is well-known and well-respected in the Truckee-Tahoe community, which creates pleasant experiences for clients and myself.
- Phoebe says: I love the long-term relationships I’ve made with other real estate professionals and the support I’ve received from Dickson’s office staff and management.
How do you give back to the Truckee-Tahoe community?
- Anna says: I make an effort to contribute time and energy to our schools and the kids in our community. When my daughter was in school, I was an active member of the Parent Teacher Association, and I always volunteer to take leadership roles. I’ve served many local nonprofit organizations, such as the Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS and the Truckee Optimist Club.
- Phoebe says: I strongly believe in giving back to my community and contribute most of my time to Meals on Wheels America. As a volunteer driver, I deliver meals to home-bound seniors throughout the Truckee-Tahoe region. I’m also a member of the American Association of University Women and coordinate Tech Trek, a weeklong STEM camp for middle school girls at UC Davis. Locally, I am the former President of the Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS and will serve as President-Elect for Tahoe Sierra MLS next year.
What’s a local insider tip you’d like to share with our readers?
- Anna says: I highly recommend driving around the lake before heading back home. It’s the only way to experience a 360-degree view of one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
- Phoebe says: I have numerous go-to happy places depending on the season. In summer, I enjoy going to the river with my chocolate lab or spending time in the sun at Donner Lake. In winter, I love nordic skiing in the beautiful Euer Valley of Tahoe Donner.