These are challenging and unprecedented times. But, even during uncertainty, people will continue to buy and sell real estate for many reasons. The health and well-being of our clients, agents, employees, and community are of the utmost importance to us. We take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously, and we will continue to take steps to ensure that our organization is as prepared, organized, and proactive as possible.
Here are some of the things we are initiating immediately to keep our team, our clients, and our community safe. We will continue to enhance these actions as we learn more.
- We are verbally screening every buyer and renter who wants to see a home. This means asking every buyer and renter where they have been, if they have been exposed to the Coronavirus, and if they have any high-risk individuals at home or in their care.
- We are asking our sellers these same questions.
- We are utilizing the latest technology to make searching and showing properties easy and safe. While we love to see our clients and customers in person, in today’s environment, we understand that buyers and sellers may prefer to do their transactions and showings remotely. A few of the alternatives we offer include:
- Virtual Showings
- Online 3D Virtual Tours
- Detailed Property Video Tours
- Online Document Signing
- Online Transaction Management
- Closings via Conferencing
- We will post signage at our listing clients’ homes that asks all parties to respect the space. This includes instructions that ask guests to refrain from touching countertops, door handles, appliances, lighting, and using restrooms.
- We are recommending that our agents and clients do not hold Open Houses at this time.
- We are recommending that our sellers wipe down all hard surfaces and handles after every showing.
- We are always available by phone or email. Contact information for all of our REALTORS is available on our website, dicksonrealty.com.
- We have coordinated with local title companies and entities and are continuing as usual with modified procedures, including e-signing, mobile notaries, and limiting in-person meetings.
- If you choose not to buy or sell immediately, we will be here when it is the right time for you.
- As REALTORS, we are also concerned about our families, especially those who are caregivers for elderly family members. We have modified our normal business operations as follows:
- Our REALTORS are mobile and are working from home most of the day.
- We are operating our offices with a small staff who are social distancing per public health guidelines.
- We are following the CDC guidelines for sanitizing our equipment and our facility three times per day, and encouraging frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- We have increased the number of times we have our commercial cleaning service come during the week.
- We are holding all meetings and training sessions using virtual meeting software.
- We are practicing social distancing in all our offices.
We know this is going to be a hard time for our local small business owners. We will post ways we can all support each other on our blog and social media.
Please feel free to share any ideas or needs you might see in our community.
We are blessed to live in a community where people are supportive and caring of each other.