The holidays are about spending time with family and friends while indulging in the bounty of delicious treats that only come once a year. But, in the midst of all the celebration, don’t forget to treat your body to physical activity and take care of yourself this season. If you need some motivation to step away from the cookies and the couch, try checking out one of these fun and different ways to workout in Reno-Sparks.
If you’re looking for an excellent workout that will get you moving, visit Club Pilates. This national company has three studios in the Reno-Sparks area. Club Pilates keeps its workouts pure to Joseph Pilates’ original Reformer-based Contrology Method, but updates it with group practice and expanded state-of-the-art equipment. Check out a free intro class to see what Club Pilates is all about.
- Website: clubpilates.com/location/reno
- Address: 6815 Sierra Center Pkwy #500, Reno, NV 89511
Northwest Reno Studio:
- Website: clubpilates.com/nwreno
- Address: 1620 Robb Dr., Ste. C1, Reno, NV 89523
- Website: clubpilates.com/sparks
- Address: 2453 Wingfield Hills Rd., Ste. 110, Sparks, NV 89436
Do you dread going to the gym due to the number of people watching you? Or do have trouble focusing while trying to exercise? Escape is one of Reno’s fitness locations that takes people through a whole new experience—working out in the dark. Leave all the distractions and worries behind when you go to Escape for cycling or boxing classes. Visit the website to learn how to sign up for a class or book an event.
- Website: renoesc.com
- Address: The Basement, 50 Virginia St., Reno, NV 89501
If you’re looking for an intense workout, visit Full Pedal. Full Pedal is an indoor cycling facility that offers a variety of upbeat classes. This funky exercise uses state-of-the-art bikes with motivational music to get your body moving. Activities will give you a full body workout with sections in pedaling and using weights. Visit the website to learn about drop-in classes, membership, or to reserve a spot in a class.
- Website: fullpedal.com
- North Reno Location: 9570 S McCarran Blvd #106, Reno, NV. 89523
- South Reno Location: 750 South Meadows Parkway #A-13, Reno, NV. 89521
I Love Kickboxing
I Love Kickboxing is precisely what it sounds like: a high-energy kickboxing gym. This fun exercise will have you punching bags, doing cardio, and burning calories. While working out in a group, you will be able to stay motivated and have some fun.
- Website: ilovekickboxing.com
- Address: 9333 Double R Blvd. Suite 1500
Join a running group!
Reno is a great place to go out and run, even in the winter and Reno Running Co is the place to get your gear and meet up for a run. Open to everyone, each location offers group run on different days and at different times. Before that, be sure to bundle up and prepare for the cold! Visit athletic stores Scheels and REI to get everything you need. Meetup times can be found on the Reno Running Co website.
- Website: renorunningcompany.com/store-runs
- Reno: The Summit Reno, 13987 S Virginia St., Reno, NV 89511
- Sparks: 1276 Disc Dr., Sparks, NV 89436
Juice Box Yoga
Head over to Juice Box Yoga to get your sweat on. This fun hot yoga location offers a range of classes for beginning and advanced yogis. Juice Box Yoga is a place to go to recover, clear your mind, and work out in a hot, humid room. Classes include Bikram Yoga, Pilates, Kids Yoga, and more. Go to the website to find out membership rates, drop-in class rates, and a schedule of classes.
- Website: yogajuicebox.com
- South Reno: 631 Sierra Rose Dr., Reno, NV 89511
- Northwest Reno: 1635 Robb Dr., Reno, NV 89523
Mesa Rim Climbing and Fitness
If you’re looking for something adventurous, try indoor rock climbing. Mesa Rim Climbing and Fitness offers climbing instructions, group climbing fitness classes, yoga classes, personal training, and youth classes. This activity could be fun for the whole family.
- Website: mesarim.com
- Address: 970 Harvard Way, Reno, NV 89502
Orangetheory Fitness offers a fun workout that is different than the rest. These one-hour workouts are a scientific combination of treadmill running, out of water rowing, and weighted activities. In Reno, two locations offer group fitness throughout the day. Go to the website to find out more about this workout and other tools Orangetheory Fitness uses to help customers get the best results.
- Website: reno.orangetheoryfitness.com
- Northwest Reno: 1575 Robb Dr., Reno, NV 89523
- Southeast Reno: 8056 South Virginia St., Reno, NV 89511
Z Body Fitness
Do you love to dance? Go to Z Body Fitness for Reno’s premiere Zumba classes. These classes are sure to get you moving and burning calories with a selection of salsa, merengue, reggaeton, hip-hop, and R&B music. Go to the website to purchase a pass for a drop in class or multiple classes.
- Website: zbodyfitness.com
- Address: 7111 S. Virginia St. Suite A-13, Reno, NV 89511