The greater Northern Nevada region has grown significantly over the last few decades, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find charming and historic Reno-Sparks homes around every corner. From Bavarian and Dutch Colonial to Tudor Revival and Victorian to Mid-Century Modern, these home styles are built to last and often hold the most value if you’re hoping to sell.
Perhaps you’re also curious about the architectural significance behind some of the buildings in your neighborhood or across the street from your favorite eatery downtown. Well, from July 2 to Oct. 2, an exhibition at the Nevada Museum of Art highlighted the legacy of Paul Revere Williams, an architect who designed some of the most notable buildings in the state.
If you missed it, don’t worry. You can read more about how Williams helped shape the west on the Museum’s microsite or if you’ll be in Las Vegas anytime soon, the exhibition will be on display at the Nevada State Museum from Dec. 3, 2022, to May 30, 2023.
And while many of Williams’ designs are now preserved and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, you could likely own a home similar to his architectural style.
So, whether you’re looking to boost your knowledge of Northern Nevada architecture or you’re in the market to buy and sell real estate, we can help guide you through the decades. Here are 4 active listings of historic Reno and Sparks homes for sale from the 1940s and on.
4 Historic Reno–Sparks Homes For Sale By Decade
‘Hot Diggity Dog’ It’s The 1940s
1019 La Rue Avenue, Reno, Nevada, 89509
- This 2,109-square-foot historic Reno home is in the highly desirable Old Southwest neighborhood. The options are endless with 2 bedrooms and a bonus room that could be used as an office, library, or additional bedroom. The bonus room also features French-style doors that open to the most serene backyard landscape. So, if you’re looking for a historic home with vintage characteristics yet modern features, this is the one for you. For more information about this listing, click here.
209 Urban Road, Reno, Nevada, 89509
- This 4,376-square-foot home offers abundant outdoor space with a covered front porch, private patio, and grass lawn for entertaining. Once inside this Southwest Reno property, you can enjoy spacious living and dining spaces with coffered ceilings, hardwood floors, a kitchen with an island, ample storage, and counter space. There are also two bedrooms with full baths for you and your loved ones to enjoy after a long day. The lower level includes a bedroom with bath, laundry room, and game room with a wet bar, fireplace, and unique custom-painted mural. For more information about this listing, click here.
1950s Pads To ‘Flip Your Lid’ Over
410 Reno Avenue, Reno, Nevada, 89509
- This beautiful brick bungalow awaits you in the heart of Midtown Reno and the Old Southwest. And don’t let its 1,310-square-foot size fool you—this home boasts a two-car garage and single-floor living. Renovated with a contemporary style but still retains a hint of Mid-Century Modern, some of the indoor features include custom cabinetry, quartz countertops in the bathrooms, and an unfinished basement with an external entryway. The side yard is also breathtakingly beautiful and perfect for entertaining, with a stone patio and a partial-sun garden. For more information about this listing, click here.
4900 Canyon Drive, Reno, Nevada, 89519
- If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind property in Reno, this country estate is for you. Situated on over three-quarters of an acre, the exterior features a four-car garage, an oversized drive-through, and a long separate driveway to accommodate all your tools, appliances, and outdoor equipment. Upon entry, you’ll see a sweeping stairway, hardwood flooring, and an impressive two-story wall of windows. The versatile interior floor plan includes two bedrooms, two baths, and a spacious primary suite with a second laundry room upstairs. You can also impress your guests with a finished basement, large entertaining room, full bedroom and bath, and generous laundry room with extended cabinetry.
- For remote workers, there is a great office space on the 2nd level, including an impressive, custom-designed fireplace surrounding the living room, a delightful bar serving the kitchen, a nook, and a living area that makes a great breakfast bar or center for entertaining. Before the day ends, ensure you spend time meandering around the private, luxury yard areas. For more information about this listing, click here.
At Dickson Realty, our team of expert REALTORS helps clients and community members find valuable and historic Reno and Sparks homes to own. For the full list of historic homes for sale, click here, or visit our website.