If you’ve recently moved to Reno-Sparks or if you’re a current resident looking to grow your professional network, many organizations and groups can help connect you. The northern Nevada region has dozens of networking groups for specific industries and professions. If you’re ready to start your networking journey, check out these three northern Nevada staples that host regular monthly events.
The Reno-Sparks Chamber of Commerce is the largest business organization in northern Nevada and represents more than 1,000 members who employ more than 75,000 individuals in Reno and Sparks. It hosts a variety of annual events and regular business after hours mixer called Alive After 5.
- Event cost: Alive After 5 is free to Chamber members
- Membership cost: Individual memberships start at $100, and business memberships start at $335
- More info: thechambernv.org
NCET (spell out each letter for the abbreviation rather than saying “En-Cet”), hosts three regular monthly events, annual awards, and the region’s largest small business expo. With a wide variety of events, NCET allows you to choose your networking adventure. Check out a Tech Wednesday for a tour of a local business, Biz Bite for lunch and a speaker or a more informal session over coffee at Tech Café.
- Event cost: Tech Café is free, Tech Wednesday costs $25 for non-members, and Biz Bite costs $35 for non-members
- Membership cost: Individual memberships start at $50, and corporate memberships start at $750
- More info: ncet.org
WIN’s monthly morning networking event is Reno/Tahoe’s breakfast of champions and brings together hundreds of community and business leaders on the move. Held the last Wednesday of most months, WIN’s Monthly Breakfast is a must-attend event for anyone who wants to become more connected in northern Nevada.
- Breakfast cost: $30 for non-members
- Membership cost: $180 without pre-paid breakfast meetings, $280 with breakfasts included
- More info: winevada.com