According to Nutrition.gov here are the top 10 reasons you should shop at your local farmer’s market.
- Freshly picked, in season produce is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
- Support your local farmers and economy.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- It’s a great way to get your kids involved.
- Supporting your local farmers market strengthens your community.
- Farmers markets offer foods that align with MyPlate guidelines.
- Farmers often have recommendations for preparing their products.
- You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
- SNAP and WIC benefits are accepted at some farmers markets.
- Farmers markets are easy to find.
Yes, farmer’s markets in Sparks, NV are easy to find. We have the locations and information for you here.
This farmer’s market is a modern approach on a classic street fair, uniting local artisans and farmers alike. We showcase the best in art and crafts & highlight produce and specialty food from local farmers. The market is located in downtown Victorian Square and will run on Thursday nights beginning June 8, 2017 though August 17th. (Except 8/10). 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
39 North is a non-profit organization of Sparks business owners and residents who care about improving our community and breathing new life and energy into downtown. We see downtown Sparks as an intersection of businesses and families where great experiences are created.
Tuesdays from June 6 through September 26, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Some of the freshest produce each week is available here. Located in the south parking lot of the Sparks United Methodist Church on the corner of 1231 Pyramid Way and Oddie in Sparks.
Enjoy the feeling of community and the great food you can make with fresh and healthy foods. Sparks, it’s where you want to live!
Amy Shocket has been a Sparks resident for over 20 years and is a top-producing REALTOR® working out of the Dickson Realty Sparks office.