Hot August Nights is here once again! And it’s time to head to Reno for this nostalgic celebration of classic cars and Rock and Roll! This annual event boasts of dozens of concerts, controlled cruises, show n’ shines, sock hop and so much more!
I have been involved with this event since 2003 and I do enjoy it. Most important, it is the people with their classic cars that make this event great.
Hot August Nights’ week-celebration happens from August 2 to 11, 2013 and highlights to look forward to this year include:
- 2013 Downtown Reno Show-n-Shine competition which will have the inaugural Barrett-Jackson Cup™ as its grand prize. If you are going to bring a classic car to be judged downtown, please come to the RETRAC at Sierra and Commercial for pre staging.
- Hot August Nights partners with Barrett-Jackson to bring the World’s Greatest Collector Car Auction to Reno (August 8-10). This historic event marks a historic partnership between two of the most recognized names in the classic and collector car industry.
- Collector Vehicle Swap Meet and Nostalgia Fair which will be held at the Reno Livestock Event Center on Wells Ave starting Thursday of the event.
- Drag Racing and Burnouts happening from August 7-10 at the west parking lot of John Ascuaga’s Nugget.
- Hot August Nights features performers from the greatest 50’s, 60’s and 70’s decades in music including a mix or rock ‘n’ roll legends and some of the top tribute acts in the country.
See www.hotaugustnights.net for complete event schedule.
Hot August Nights started in 1986 to fill the void in tourism during August and is aimed at raising funds for local charities.
Reside in Reno and take part of this awesome celebration every year! Just contact Margie McIntyre, one of Reno’s premier Real Estate agents at 775/250-3181 or email me at Margie@margiemcintyre.com.