REALTORS Care Nevada will be hosting a Housing Counseling Event for homeowners in the Reno-Sparks and surrounding areas on Saturday, May 8th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will be held at the Reno Sparks Association of REALTORS which is located at 5650 Riggins Court, Reno. Homeowners will have the opportunity to hear from a panel of local counselors, an attorney and a CPA. After the panel discussion they will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with these HUD-approved housing counselors. Panel members include: Jill Perry, Northern Nevada Director, Counsumer Credit Affiliates; Jeni Temen, Branch Office Mangager and Certified Housing Counselor with NID Housing Counseling; Rhea Gertken, Esq., Nevada Legal Services;Tim Nelson, CPA with Evans, Nelson & Company CPAs; and Elizabeth Fielder, Attorney with Jones Vargas. For more information visit foreclosurehelpfornevadans.org
Homeowners should come prepared with the following documents:
- Monthly mortgage statements.
- Information about other mortgages on your home if applicable.
- Two most recent pay stubs or other income documentation for all borrowers, if self-employed a profit and loss statement.
- Two most recent bank statements.
- Account balances and monthly payments for credit cards and debts.
- Estimates of monthly expenditures (medical, utitilies, insurance etc.)